Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Staying Cool on a Hot Day and Sprout B-day Cards

It has been SO HOT lately. Like over 100 degrees with the heat index being close to 120! and humid. Needless to say, we have been staying inside to stay cool. Yesterday, Jared decided to fill up our garden tub (after he cleaned it out because we never use it!) and play in the tub with Jayden. Jayden loves water so what a fun way to play without going outside in the brutal heat!




Jayden had a lot of fun...and splashed water ALL over the place...... I just watched and took a couple pictures. :)

Today, Jared was back at work and I took Jayden to story time. It had been a few weeks since we had vacation and visitors and other things going on. It was nice to catch up with our friends and get Jayden to the library for story time. He was good. One funny thing that happened......

At the beginning, the lady goes around the circle and the kids get to clap and say their names one at a time. When it got to Jayden, I said his name and Jayden said, "What!?!" really loud! It was funny. Everyone laughed and then continued to the next kid. haha

Jayden's second favorite channel (after Disney) is SPROUT. He likes to watch Sesame Street. One thing about that channel that is really cute is they show birthday cards on your child's birthday. You have to send it in about 2 weeks in advance. Stacy was supposed to make the card with me, but we never got to it the other day. So, today when Jayden was taking his nap, I worked on his sprout birthday card! :)

It says on the website that they do not show every card that is submitted. If your card is not chosen to show, they just put the child's name to flash across the bottom of the screen. Even if they don't show it, it was fun to make! :)




I wonder if it will show up on TV on his bday? :)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Ha! What a great idea to use the tub. Glad Jared got in with him though to keep him safe. Jayden loves the water....splashing especially!
I have not watched the Sprout channel yet, but I'll set the DVR on his birthday. Cute card -- love it!

Debbie said...

What a cute card!!! You did such a good job. We've never watched Sprout either. Instead, Jacob is adding to his fav shows. We now watch Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso. My DVR has been taken over!!!! haha :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you, to YOU! haha! I hope his card is on TV on his bday! I bet it will be, it looks awesome!!!!!

stacy said...

oops that comment above was from me!