I am 35 weeks pregnant (will be on Tuesday) and I am huge. Jared thinks Jayden is going to be a butterball. haha
These were taken before we left for the clubhouse.
Here is mom with her girls...
me and mom
The shower was at Walton Park clubhouse. It looked so nice all decorated for a baby shower!!!
This table was when you first walked in. It had a time capsule for Jayden where people each contributed something for Jayden to open when he is older that pertains to the year 2009. I can't believe how creative everyone was... Jayden is going to LOVE that when he is older!!!! One of my mom's friends embroidered a special onesie and burp cloth for Jayden. We put them on the table to show them to everyone because they are so sweet. The burp cloth has his name on it and the onesie has his monogram. Also on the table was a book for people to write thoughts/advice/predictions about Jayden! Then there was a baby bottle full of m&ms and people had to guess how many were in the bottle! Finally, there was a picture of my mom bringing me home from the hospital when I was born and Jared's mom bringing him home from the hospital when he was born. How cute!!!
time capsule...
m&m bottle game...
The cake table was so cute! My mom and Stacy made a DIAPER CAKE and it was awesome!!! I love it!!! There was an edible cake, too. My favorite- chocolate cake with white buttercream icing! FROM UKROPS!!! :) We also made homemade chocolate chip cookies with blue m&ms. The desserts were delicious!!!
close up of the cake...
wish I had a piece right now... ha!
close up of the diaper cake...
the drink table...
Wow! Jared and I are so thankful to have such great family and friends. Jayden is a lucky baby. He is not even here yet and he has so many people who love him and spoil him. It is amazing how many things out there for babies. We got VERY nice gifts and really really really appreciate everyone's kindness and generosity.
The gift table...
Again, we are so grateful for all these nice baby gifts...
The tables looked very nice... Jared's mom did a great job decorating. She brought all the tablecloths, lots of cute baby things to decorate the tables, balloons, and she made cute little blue boxes that were filled with sweet tarts in the shapes of baby items, baby boy mints, and hershey kisses for favors.
My mom made Hershey bar favors... just like at our wedding! :)
They looked so cute, mom!
My mom seriously should be a professional party planner! She thought of everything-- she even spent hours tying on little baby decoations with a ribbon onto every single PEN for people to write with for the games.
Jared's mom is very creative! She made a DIAPER WREATH and it is adorable! It made such a nice decoration. And, it had all kinds of little toys and rattles for Jayden to have. SO SWEET...
We always wonder if Jayden will have any hair. I have not had heartburn so I think he is going to be bald! My mom put together this poster with a baby picture of me and Jared on it... what do you know? ... we both don't have any hair!!! :)
Jared's mom, again, she is very creative, thought of the idea to hang up the outfits Jared and I came home from the hospital in when we were born! They were cute!
Jared's mom also made this really cute centerpiece to put on the counter by the food. It looked neat and it had Jayden's name on it!!!
My mom planned out some really FUN games for the baby shower. One of them was for everyone to cut a string of ribbon to the lenght they thought would fit sround my belly. Whoever was the closest won a prize! Most people guessed way too big! It was funny!!!
Stacy won!!! :)
Another game was a candy bar game and everyone had to match the candy bar name to a clue. Example: girl's name= Baby Ruth, night of conception= Score hahaha
Caitlin won!!! :)
Here are some pictures of guests........
It was so good to see my friend Dana! We have been friends since 5th grade!!!
PAACK was back! It was good seeing you girls, too! These are the girls I lived with in college for 2 years... PAACK=Paige, Ainsilie, Ashley, Cindy, Kendall
Melissa, Dara and her baby Scutter, and me... Riverview friends!!!
me and my mother-in-law, Sue
me with my mom and her sisters... I have such great aunts!!!
Patty, Kathy, me, mom, and Sue Sue
cousins! Caitlin, me, Stacy, Phoebe, and Sarah (we missed you Debbie and Jenny!)
me and my pretty sister, Stacy!
getting ready to cut the cake...
cutting the cake!!!
Jared's mom made Jayden this adorable quilt! I love it!!!
My dad's sister, Sue, who lives in Pennsylvania, made Jayden two beautiful blankets!!! They are so so nice!!! :)
At the end of the shower, Jared came to say hi to the girls he has not seen in a while. He was so happy to see this gift (from his mom)
... a fishing pole and tackle box!!! They are Cars.... sooo cute! Jared has been asking me since I found out I was pregnant when he can take Jayden fishing! hahaha
I feel like I have put way too many pictures in this blog post, but the shower was just so nice I wanted to share every detail! I am sure I left out a lot, but my eyes can't look at the computer screen any longer!!! The baby shower was perfect and thank you to everyone who helped and attended! :)
The rest of the pictures are in the slideshow below.............. :)




4 comments:
I am so glad you had fun at the shower. You were glowing! Thanks for posting the pictures. It's fun to look back. You were so cute! You have so many people in your life that love you and Jared, and we know you will be super parents. Kisses and Hugs!
Everything looked so perfect! And I agree that your Mom needs to be a party planner...she's so great with all of that stuff!! I wish we could have been at the shower with you!!!! looks like Jayden got pretty much everything he needs!!! can't wait to see you in about 2 weeks!! :)
Wow... looks like a wedding reception. Pretty exciting. Lots of pictures, I even saw one that reminds me of your neighbor on the left. Walton Park was definitely was the place to be on the 11th. It is great to have such a nice support network in family and friends. Congrats again and great job everyone. Jayden will be here before you know it, so sleep all you can now because soon you will be on Jayden's schedule soon enough and he will not be wearing a watch. The Texas folks will see ya'll in a couple of weeks...Love, Uncle Jim
The shower was so much fun! Im glad I got to see you one last time before Jayden's arrival!! I cant wait to come visit after he is born! And that's SO cute that Jayden has his own fishing pole!!!
Post a Comment