I woke up early... Jared was at work and I knew I wanted to get a lot done today. Since I will be in Richmond for Thanksgiving I thought this would be a good weekend to start getting my Christmas decorations out. Living in an apartment, we do not have a whole lot of storage space... So in order to maximize the space we really have to keep the closets organized to fit everything in! I pretty much had to take everything out and go through all these storage bins we have accumulated to get to all the decorations. In the process, I re-organized everything and put all Halloween into a bin, all of "fall stuff" into another bin, etc.
After organizing the "storage closet," I spent like 4 hours cleaning our apartment.... Then I decorated for Christmas!!! I did everything alone except for the tree. When Jared came home from work, he set up our tree and we decorated it together!!! It was so much fun. We even listened to Christmas music while we decorated it! Now I am really in the mood for Christmas!!!
We bought this tree last year... It is a pre-lit tree that fits into this box!
Fred helped, too!
There's Jared putting the three tree chunks together! :)
Then we just had to fluff out the branches!!!
Ta-da!
YAY! So not only is our apartment CLEAN, and all the laundry is DONE and put away, bed linens are clean and put back on beds, I also decided to write our Christmas cards! That process took about 2 more hours of my productive day! *Of course Jared came home and when I asked him to sign his name, he grumbled about having to do all this work!! The cards were already written and all he had to do was sign his name!!!! Oh well! Typical MALE I guess!
THENNNNNNNN I made turkey cupcakes for Jared to take to his work!!! They probably would have looked better with chocolate icing, but that's okay. I think they turned out pretty darn cute!!! :)
Now I need to go figure out what in the world we are doing for dinner...
more updates to come.......











4 comments:
WOW!! You are so organized!!! The tree looks pretty and your decorations are really nice.
What an amizing homemaker you are!
The turkey cupcakes are fun! I hope everybody enjoys them. Ummm...Yummy!
Now you are making me want to write my Christmas cards, too. I need to get busy to keep up with you.
December is just around the corner - can't wait!
Love you!!
oops...amAzing...duh!!
wow...you sure are on the ball!! driving home last night, we saw some of our neighbors already have their christmas lights up....I gave Badi the look...hopefully we can do that soon!! hehe :)
ps- I'm retarded..when I first read "turkey cupcakes", I thought to myself...eww..I've never heard of cupcakes made out of turkey! haha duh...then I saw your oh-so-adorable cupcakes that LOOK like turkeys! haha :)
Your christmas decorations are so pretty! Your apartment looks festive and wonderful! haha, and those turkey cupcakes are so cute, they look so yummy. Very nice baking skills. :)
Post a Comment