I love summer vacation. It is such a nice feeling to know that I have a break from work where I am completely stress-free! I have already been to the beach for a week and while everyone else had to go back to work on Monday, I got to continue my summer vacation! This will probably be the last summer that I will have completely to myself. I mean, Jared will be done with Logistics and he will not have this crazy 3 am work thing!?!?!
I've been taking advantage of my time this summer. The apartments where Jared and I live have a nice pool...two of them actually! Although I have not gone as much as I thought I would, I have been a few times. I also have a book I have wanted to read for a while now and I finally have the time to read it. It is nice to get a break from reading children's books! (as much as I love them!) I have also been exercising at the fitness center our apartment complex has. At first going to the gym was a chore I dreaded, but now I can honestly say that I enjoy my daily trips to work out!
Thank goodness for DVR! Whoever invented the DVR is amazing. I don't know how I survived without it! I have been watching Days of Our Lives (yes, the soap opera) since I was in 5th grade...thanks, mom for starting me on that! I used to have to use a VHS tape and program the VCR to record this hour of TV every day. Then I would watch it after school. Now that I watch 57636582 reality TV shows, I can DVR them and watch whenever I want.
For Christmas this past year, Jared got a Nintendo Wii. I thought it was just going to be a silly game, but it is SO MUCH FUN! We don't have too many games for it, but we have enough to occupy some time. I love Wii bowling. Yesterday, we bought a new game for the Wii that has darts, air hockey, ski ball, and more! We want to get a Wii Fit next! :)
My life of relaxation, fun, and games will be over soon. Once school starts, school becomes my life... If you are a teacher, you know what I am talking about. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching! It just doesn't leave me much time for relaxation. That's another blog. ha ha
When God Is Not Good
10 years ago




1 comment:
whats the ski ball game??? I need to tell Jimmy about that one, sounds so fun!! :)
Post a Comment