Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Last Month... house

I know I haven't updated my blog in a while, but I just realized it has been over a month. I have SO much to update... so much has been happening lately I really do not even know where to start.

We are (finally) finished living in an apartment. When I left for college at age 17, I lived in a dorm room. After one year of living in a dorm, I moved into an apartment with one of my girlfriends. The next two years of college, I lived in a 10 x 14 (tiny) room in an apartment with four other girls. After I graduated, I lived with Jared in a duplex two-bedroom apartment for one year. Then we moved to Fredericksburg and lived in another two-bedroom apartment for two years. When I was pregnant with Jayden, we upgraded to a three-bedroom apartment. We thought it was huge when we moved in… and it was really a great place to live… it was a nice apartment. Slowly, it became smaller and smaller and less “nice” to us. We were just beyond ready for a house. We had to wait to see what Target had in store for us. Everything has now fallen into place and after a little over a year in the three-bedroom apartment, we have a four-bedroom house!!!

We closed on our house on June 30. Closing was not as crazy as I thought. There were a lot of papers to sign, but it really wasn’t bad at all! We were so excited to get the keys and get to work. We didn’t move anything at all for the first couple days. We just cleaned… And cleaned. The previous owners left the house pretty darn clean and they took VERY good care of the house, but Jared and I wanted to make sure it was really clean for our crawling, into-everything baby!

We cleaned all the windows, doors, baseboards, walls, floors…. Stanley Steemer came and cleaned/deodorized our carpets and staircase. After all the cleaning, we were ready to start painting! I had picked out paint colors at Home Depot for 9 rooms! We had the time since we had 16 days before we turned in the keys to our apartment. Also, it is much easier to paint a room without furniture to move or cover up. We had just the perfect person to paint for us. Someone who is really good at painting with a lot of experience painting… Someone who is retired and has all the time in the world to paint… MY DAD! :)

We could have never gotten as much done as we did in our house without my parents. My dad painted (a lot) and my mom helped me a ton between watching Jayden and helping me take care of him while cleaning out all of my cabinets and lining all of the cabinets, too. She cleaned out the freezer and fridge, bathrooms, helped unpack and wash all kinds of dishes, etc. They were both so helpful!

Another person who helped us a TON was Jared’s friend Mike. Mike has a truck and was very kind to help Jared with packing, moving, building, etc. He did so much for us it is unbelievable.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped us…. Norm, Carl, Carl’s son, Mike…thank you for making all those trips moving our junk! Mom and Dad…thank you for everything!

I will have to do separate posts for some of the pictures! So stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Your dad and I are so happy and proud of both of you. Your home is beautiful!! Thanks for letting us help. We had fun! xoxoxoxo