Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Celebration of Life

This week we had to say goodbye to an amazing woman, Mary Swann. Mary Swann is my dear friend Kendall's mother. A couple weeks ago, Mary had a heart attack. She was in a coma for a couple of weeks, and, sadly she passed away on June 12. She was only 54 and this was so unexpected to us all.

I have many fond memories of Mrs. Swann since knowing Kendall. I will never forget her visits to Radford. She was so sweet. I remember often when she would come, she would take us (the PAACK roommates) out to dinner at Macados or Texas Roadhouse. I always felt so happy when she visited because it felt like a comfort from home while we were away at college.

Kendall and her mom were VERY close, and I just can't imagine the pain she and her family are feeling right now. Kendall and her husband Cody recently had their first son, Taiten. Taiten was Mary's first grandchild and she loved Taiten very much. Kendall also has a younger sister, Kelsey, who just graduated from High School while her mom was fighting for her life in a coma. Kendall's dad, Wilson, is a wonderful man- they are all staying so strong during this difficult time. They were married 29years.

Mary Swann truly touched many lives in many different ways. This was evident in the amount of people who came to honor her at the visitation and memorial service. There were HUNDREDS of people there to celebrate her life. It was amazing.

My heart goes out to Kendall and her whole family. May you rest in peace, Mrs. Swann. <3




Mary Swann
December 19, 1955 - June 12, 2010


love you, Kendall!!!!

No comments: